Saturday 3 January 2015

Christmas and more chicken pox

Ethan's chicken pox had cleared up enough by Christmas Day for us to stick to our original plans. It was the first day in 9 days that he had left the house. In my opinion Christmas Day was uneventful. It's all about the kids anyway and they were spoilt rotten.
I got some nice presents. I was really pleased with the in laws choices for me. There wasn't one thing that I didn't like. This is a major improvement to previous years.
Our new year was a quiet one. We were in bed by ten and I was asleep before midnight although the mr said he was awake by the time midnight rolled around. Too much emphasis is put on New Year's Eve. I've done the celebrating out in town and at parties but I prefer staying at home with the kids, a blanket, a film and some popcorn. Memories being made instead of memories being forgotten.
We were hoping Helana had dodged the chicken pox bullet but unfortunately on New Year's Eve the first few showed up. We are on day 4 right now and they don't look so angry but unfortunately she's got a worse case then her brother. She's covered all over her head and in the nappy area. She can't have antihistamines unless prescribed by a doctor because she's under one but she seems to be coping ok. She's still her happy self and still has her hunger.
I returned to work today after nearly eleven months off. I thought I'd really miss the kids and the day would drag but it was ok. The thing I did find annoying was all the paper work I had to redo and I had to have a induction. I have been working for the same company for five years in march so a little pointless considering not much has changed at all. Oh well I enjoyed myself but I'm very tired now so much so that I am considering going to bed now and it's only 6:35pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment