Thursday 19 June 2014

Time moves so quickly

We were invited up to the school where Ethan will be attending nursery from September. It's such a nice little school. More like a village school compared to a school situated right in the middle of town. There will only be 19 children in his class so nice and quiet with plenty of one on one time. The only thing I worry about is Ethan becoming bored very quickly. They said they teach the kids to count to 20 and learn social skills among other things. Well Ethan has always been very sociable and can already count to 12. I was worried with him being at home with me most of the time that he wouldn't interact very well with other children but it seems I was wrong to be worried. The other day at the park he ditched his grandad and went over to a little girl 2 years his senior, took her hand and spent the rest of the time walking around holding hands with her. Such a little Romeo. It's just a shame his best mate moved away. 
I'm looking forward to Ethan going to nursery 3 hours a day not just for him but for myself. I'm in the right frame of mind to go to mother and baby groups this time around. This will give me some time to go and make some mummy friends :). 

So H and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary this weekend. It doesn't seem like we've been together that long. Usually I much more prepared and would of brought his gift weeks ago but with the arrival of the little one I'm a little bit disorganised. I don't even know what to buy for him. Luckily he's off for a few days so I can vanish for a couple of hours and nip into town and try to find something. We are child free Saturday so we can really celebrate. I might take him to the manor house where they filmed some of batman as he's a massive batman fan. Failing that maybe just a wander around with a bit of shopping thrown in. 

When you're younger and your parents tell you not to wish your life away because time moves so fast you don't believe them. However when you grow up and have your own children you realise just how true it is. One moment they are a baby and rely on you for everything the next they are running off and leaving you behind. Not that it's anything to be too sad about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment