Monday 25 August 2014

Firsts and lasts

So the time has come for the littlest one to move into her own room. She's not 6 months old until October but she is starting to out grow her Moses basket.
I have mixed feelings about this. We only discussed having two children so this would be the last time this event happens. It marks the end of the newborn stage.
On the other hand she won't be far away and it will be nice to have our own space back.
The eldest starts at nursery in a week! I'm obviously a little sad about it but I'm excited too. I'll have time to devote to the youngest and my time won't be taken up by naughty corners and tantrums. Well not for a while anyway.
We haven't really had to do much to get him excited. Since his stay and play a couple of months ago he's been asking to go back. It's been hard trying to explain the summer holidays to him when all he's wanted to do was go to school. I'm sure this will change as soon as he realises it's not all playing. We shall see though.
As usual the bank holiday has been a wash out so we've spent much of the day in our pjs, under a blanket and watching films. This is the last bank holiday before Christmas! Where has this year gone? Thankfully I'm not due to return to work until the new year which means it's the first Christmas ever that the mr and I will both be at home. We can actually have a Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment