Saturday 16 August 2014

Teething already!

Helana has been chewing her fist since she first found her hands at a couple of months old. She is now 4 1/2 months and chews anything like crazy. Her gums are rigid and you can make out a tooth at the front although it has yet to break through. Ethan didn't cut his first tooth until he was 6 months old but it looks like his sister may be earlier. 
I found Teetha crystals worked the best for Ethan when he was cutting his teeth. I also brought him an amber necklace to help deal with the pain. Some people say they're great others don't rate them. I believe they work. However anyone will tell you that I won't reach for painkillers until the pain is unbearable. So I'll try anything else before dosing the kids up. 
I'm not saying that I don't use painkillers at all, of course I do but I believe you need to give your body a chance to deal with it on its own. 
Something else I relied on with Ethan was funky giraffe's bandana bibs. I used to have to change his top several times a day because his dribbling was constant but once we got some bandana bibs that stopped. They say that you don't need to change the bibs as the absorb the liquid but Eth was such a dribbler that some days in had to change them once. Helana has already had to wear hers but she is no where near as bad yet! 
I hope this first tooth won't take much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment