Tuesday 1 July 2014

Baby boy becomes a lil man

So today my baby boy turned three. Today was the first birthday that he had been excited about as today was the first time he understood what a birthday was. He's not new to the idea of presents. I think it amazed him slightly that you have a day that you can call your own and you get presents just for being born. 
We spent the morning opening presents and having birthday boy tantrums. Then auntie Natalie came bearing a bag full of gifts. Cue super excited Ethan who felt eating breakfast would only get in the way of presents. One stressed mummy later and I gave in no breakfast for Ethan today. 
We eventually managed to get ready and visit the adventure farm. We had yet another tantrum over sun cream (he hates the stuff) and then we were on our way. 
We were lucky enough to have a 2 for 1 offer voucher which got the four of us (baby was free) in for £17 with a bucket of animal feed. As Ethan is over 2 he would of been adult price and it would of cost us £32. A great time was had by all until the Mr got his hand bitten by a pig (serves him right for taunting it) and my sister nearly broke her ankle at the soft play part. One trip to A&E later and it's just a really bad sprain. 
Family came to visit in the evening with lots more presents and he had a great time playing with them. He even got to stay up way past his bedtime! 

Now he's safely tucked up sleeping soundly ready for tomorrow and his second visit to school. I spent all of Sunday night struggling to sleep worrying about his first time away from me with strangers but there was no need. When I dropped him off he took the teacher's hand and walked straight in barely a wave and certainly no hug and kiss. When did he grow up? Before I'll know it he'll be going on nights out and I'll be kept awake until I hear the front door go. I just hope he never gets too old for cuddles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment