Wednesday 23 July 2014

Cakes and quality time

During my labour with Helana I opted for a epidural as she was back to back and I was extremely uncomfortable. The epidural failed. The doctor who administered the epidural slipped in between two vertebrae and popped my spinal fluid which resulted in only the left side of my body being left numb and only for 30 minutes or so. In the end I did it all natural which was completely different from my labour with Ethan. The following morning I had a follow up as I was expierancing bad headaches because one of the side effects of a failed epidural is severe headaches almost like a migraine. I had a blood patch done which is a reverse epidural almost and I left hospital still in pain with my head but with abundance of painkillers. For about two weeks after I was having migraine like headaches. I couldn't even sit up without crying. Yesterday I had one of those again.  How did I cure it? With caffeine. I was told at the the hospital that caffeine works. They don't really know why but it does. So I've been sat in this heat with hot drink after hot drink to shift a headache caused by an event that took place 3 months ago.

Today I woke up a little down but after a talk with the mr and some cuddles from the kids I was ready to kick the day in the balls. Trying to find fun things to do with the kids gets old really quickly. So I turned to an old favourite, baking cakes. I grabbed my iPod, dock,the toddler and put the baby in her bouncy chair where she could see us and got baking.
It's only one of the children's cake sets but it makes Eth happy to bake.






The hard part is letting the cakes cool before we decorate them as that's his favourite part.




We started Helana on 7oz bottles on Monday before the recommended age but she was barely going 3 hours before feeds. So far she's taking the extra ounce well. I remember Ethan being hungry and having bigger amounts before the recommended age. He's turn out fine so I have no worries about the little one. She's putting on weight well. You just have to lift her to feel that. No giggles yet but already trying to roll over so imagine it won't be long.


2 comments:

  1. Now I'm reading your blog as well (if that's ok). Cakes look amazing! Baking is so much fun. I remember doing some with my nan, lovely memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not. Thought you'd appreciate them being peppa pig. :) x

      Delete