Tuesday 22 July 2014

It's a new day

I've struggled over the past couple of days and the blog has been my way of coping. Writing it down seemed to take a little weight off my shoulders and help to ease the pain I was feeling. 
I try not to be a negative person but sometimes things just seem to pile up very quickly and that's that and I spend a few days barely able to function. I pull myself together long enough to sort the kids and then fall back into the black hole. 
Today is a new day. I've woken up with a new lease for life. I've got most of the boring chores out of the way already and it's only just gone 8am. Today I'm going to make it fun. It's a day to bake cakes, paint, run and dance. 
The mr has been acting up as senior (supervisor) at work for the past 3 weeks. It's sort of a on the job interview. The current senior who he has been working along side has asked him to do another week as senior and out of the other candidates he is the one he would choose. I'm so proud of him. I don't know if he's too bothered about the job role but if he did get it, it would work out a little better for us. Neither of us earn a huge amount of money but we cope. All the bills are paid, neither of the kids go without and no one goes hungry but a little extra cash would help us to start enjoying life a little more. 
I've been thinking about when I return from maternity leave. If I left my job nod found a new job full time and earnt three times the amount a month I earn now. We would be no better off. Once we'd paid for childcare we would have about the same left each month that we have now. I feel a little stuck in a rut as the kids are still young I have to work a job that is flexible enough to work around them. I just hope once I hear back about some evening classes I'll stop feeling so lonely and have more sense of worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment