Monday 21 July 2014

Being a mum is so lonely

It is. I mean it's great you have these little people you raise and help shape them into the person they'll become but it's a lonely job. Sure you have you have the support of your family and friends and of course your partner (if they are still involved) but it seems people forget about you. I may be a mum but I still know how to have a good time. I'd love to go out for the evening and not just be a mum I want to feel alive again. 
Yesterday I had a pretty tough time and today it doesn't seem to have gotten much better. The mr is working the late shift so doesn't get into 7pm (usually 3:30pm) and by that time it's the bedtime struggle. So we won't be able to relax until Eth has settled down which could be an hour or more. I cried this morning because the kids were screaming at me and no matter what I did I couldn't do it fast enough. I also locked myself away in the bathroom to have a cry because I feel so alone and isolated. I keep telling myself that it isn't always going to be this hard but until this phase is over I can't see the bright light. Not every day is like this but recently it seems to have become the norm. It is getting worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment